Monday, April 7, 2008

Kit Kat Kake: Happy Birthday to Heather!

This is the Kit Kat Kake that me and my friend Sarah made, for Heather.
kitkatcake5
Inside it's filled with chocolate buttercream and crushed Kit Kats:
kitkatkake2

Me and Sarah had a blast making this cake. Things really do come out better when from the heart. The cake is chocolate cake, filled with chocolate buttercream and crushed Kit Kats, topped with chocolate fudge icing and with Kit Kats "glued" to edges with more buttercream.

The cake was one of the best cakes I've ever had. My only regret is I only got a small piece because there were a lot of kids. (brought it to a youth get-together at my church) but the most important thing is Heather absolutely loved it.
bcparty5
bcparty4
She's so adorable! <3

The buttercream was SOO yummy in the middle!! And the cake was so fudgy! I always thought I didn't like chocolate cake but I've changed my mind. It's only the boxed cake mix that I don't like.(I love yellow and white box mixes)

Edit:
What do you do with leftover buttercream? Spread it on an Oreo, of course!
oreo
oreo2
Yumm....perfect afternoon snack :)

6 comments:

~Amber~ said...

This looks incredible!! I want some kit kats now. :)

Deborah said...

What a beautiful cake! I love Kit Kats!

Christine said...

Lovely cake! Happy Birthday to your friend!

I like to spread leftover icing (even ganache, if I have it) on graham crackers, which is something I usually have in the pantry.

Thistlemoon said...

That is an AMAZING looking cake! How creative and beautiful - yummy too, I am sure! :)

Stephanie said...

Looks beautiful! What a fun idea, now I want to make cake with candy all over it! And while I have spread frosting on crackers before, the idea to put it on an Oreo amazingly never occurred to me, I'll have to give it a try.
BTW, I found your blog through the Foodie Blogroll. It's a pretty fun blog!

Stephanie
Fun Foods
www.baskersfunfoods.blogspot.com

ABOUT RANDOMMENDED said...

That cake looks so yummy! Do you think I could get the recipe? My fiance is obsessed with kit kats, and I want to make him a special grooms cake for our upcoming wedding!