Friday, February 29, 2008

Daring baker's challenge: French Bread!

I woke up this morning and my first thought was: I can post my bread!! So, I plug in the digital camera, and open up the folder with all the pictures...but to my greatest disappointment, the pictures are gone. Yep, gone. -sigh- I still have one picture,and luckily it was my favorite, but I'm still very upset.

The bread absolutely fabulous. The taste, the texture, the crumb, everything was really great. This was the best bread I've ever made. And thank goodness, too, because it took all day to make! Luckily it was still done by 7 and we were able to have some with dinner. Everyone gobbled it up!

HPIM1388Julia Child French Bread, daring baker's challenge

The recipe looks a bit intimidating, but as you read through it you realize you only need half the directions, and they're not that bad. The recipe is VERY long, so I'll link to BreadChick's POST.

I'll I can say is, BRING ON THE NEXT CHALLENGE! Wooh!

21 comments:

L Vanel said...

It looks like it was amazingly delicious. Congrats! So sorry you lost your pictures.

Karen said...

Well, glad you had one picture left because your bread looks great! Uggg, I would have been so mad if my pictures were gone.
http://www.dobetter.wordpress.com

Marye said...

You did a great job! I t looks incredible!
Blessings,
marye
http://bakingdelights.com

~Amber~ said...

That one picture that you were able to find looks awesome!! Congratulations on a successful challenge.

Mary said...

That's terrible about losing most of your pictures, but the one you did have was beautiful!

Colette said...

Thanks so much! That makes me feel a bit better. I can't believe after all that work though!! You guys no what I mean. Haha! Oh, well...

Carrie said...

Lovely crumb!

Shaheen said...

Losing pics sucks! I had mine recovered from my camera phone. But yet didn't get all of them back :(

Nice bread though! :D

Amrita said...

hi sweetie!

thanks for visiting my blog! Well, I have no idea how I got interested in culinary arts, it just sort of hit me one day! Like a disease! You're a very talented girl! :o)

breadchick said...

Glad the best picture was the one saved! It looks perfect from crumb to crust.

Thanks for baking with Sara and I

Sheltie Girl said...

You did a wonderful job on your bread. Congratulations on finishing your first challenge! Welcome to the group.

Natalie @ Gluten A Go Go

Joy said...

Sorry you lost your pictures. Luckily the one you saved shows that your bread looks delicious!

Jaime said...

so what happened to the rest of the pics? did you ever figure it out? thank goodness you still had the one - it's lovely!

Jessica said...

Your crumb looks great! I still can't believe the variations in the results we have had a as a group. Congrats, you did a great job!

Unknown said...

The air pockets look delicious! Nice job on this challenge.

Lesley said...

Your bread looks just perfect, lots of holes, it looks chewy and great!!

Deborah said...

You amaze me - I would have never been able to bake like you at your age! Great job on this challenge!

Leng said...

your bread looks great! I'm so jealous! I have been wanting to make bread for the past 2 weeks or so, but no time. Ended up buying bread instead.

Andrea said...

All you need is one photo, because that one looks great!

Colette said...

Thanks everyone!

Christine said...

Ahhhh! I can't believe all the pictures disappeared! At least one remained, and it's a great picture. Beautiful crumb structure!

Christina ~ She Runs, She Eats